Thursday 3 April 2014

Stretch Birthday Card--Masculine

Made this birthday card for my brother, who was a "Smokey" for many years.  I used Timberline paper from Close to My Heart, along with Twilight cardstock and the Cursive Birthday greetings stamp set.


 
 
I used patterned paper on all surfaces to strengthen the card, and to give it a really finished look from all angles.
 

 
 
Here's the card standing.  I stamped the sentiment in Ponderosa Pine ink, and double matted it on White Daisy and Twilight cardstock to make it pop.  One embellishment was all it needed.  On the back of the card is the perfect place to write your message, so I matted it in the woodgrain paper also, giving it a nice finish all around.  Inking the edges of everything also finishes it well and works with the rugged theme of the paper. 
 
I got inspiration and building instructions for this card here
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Now get out there and glue something!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment