Wednesday 16 April 2014

Spring Bloom



Hello Everyone!

It's cold, windy and anything but spring here in Manitoba.  A dear friend emailed me some of her gorgeous photos of the cherry trees in bloom in Vancouver.  I didn't know whether to be grateful and inspired or just plain jealous!  So I chose to be inspired and grateful.  I'll be jealous later. 

Here's the results of my inspired frame of mind--a double page layout called Spring Bloom.




Here's what I used: 

I got the basic pattern for the layout from the Close To My Heart book "Imagine".  It's called Subtitles.  I used CTMH's Ariana Paper collection (my favorite this year).  The base paper is a beautiful deep blue called Outdoor Denim.  I cut the butterflies in two layers with my Cricut, using my amazing Artbooking cartridge.  (Hey if you need a new car you can probably cut yourself one with this cartridge, it's so incredibly versatile!)  Same with the words "Spring" and "Bloom".  I shaded the words with my alcohol markers in Sorbet to give them a dipped-in-strawberry-sauce look. 
The letters for April 2014 I had waiting in my stash for just this layout. 


I'm happy with how this turned out, and I hope it inspires you to create your own spring.  It just goes to show you, if you are missing something, you can always go make it out of paper!  Happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment