Wednesday 9 April 2014

Friends Mini Album

Hey there--welcome back!  
My head has been filled with ideas this week--some of them still foggy, some I've already tossed, and some of them are clear and ready to go.  So...no surprise here:  I have another mini to share with you, this time a  smaller one. 

This little album measures 5 1/2" x 7 1/4" but packs in a ton of photos and journaling spots.  I made this one for photos of friends.  These women have been important in my life and shaped how I think and who I have become.  Certainly worth honoring with photos and stories, don't you think?

I used Close to My Heart's "Ivy Lane" paper collection for this project, and it has that just right feel of vintage and modern working together. 


 
The cover is wrapped in the beautiful floral paper, and the title is from the embellishment collection.  Perfect for an album about these special people.



 
The spine is finished with the deep purple paper, cut with scalloped edges and wrapped with a sheer ribbon that has a slight sheen to it.  I used a medallion I had in my stash and hung charms from the Close to My Heart jewellery line on it.
 
 

 
The inside cover has a quote I liked about friendship as well as the flowing floral shapes from the coordinating assortment.  The first page is split, and has two different-sized tags, just for interest.  I will be writing a dedication to my friends on the small one, and the large will hold some of my thoughts about my friends.
 
 
Each tag is dressed with a little of the paper and has eyelets to hold the hemp ties.
 
 
 

 
I used only two styles of page for this album; this one with a pocket and pull-out photo mat.
 
 

 
The other style of page has both a flip-up and a flip-down portion. I used magnetic closures on these pages to keep them from flopping around when the book is handled.


 
Each page has a large pocket to hold a tabbed, double-sided mat where I will put more photos.  The tab will have her name on it.  For each friend I'll have on her page the story of how we met, how long we've been friends, and a little about why she's been important in my life.
 
 
 
The inside back cover has another quote about friendship, this time popped up off the page with dimensional adhesive.  In total this book will hold several pictures of 8 friends along with the stories that go with them.  This little album is still a work in progress, as I go about recording those important thoughts and memories.
 
I hope you've enjoyed this little walk in my crafting cloud today. I also hope that I've inspired you to scrapbook those important friends.  Thanks for popping in!

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY! This is one of my favorite styles of mini albums. I've made 2 of them. Although they take a lot more thought and time, they are sooo worth it! Thank you for sharing this and for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete